If you are someone who wants to explore becoming a digital artist or passionate about about it, then there is no better way than starting with becoming a microstock illustrator. This is because as a microstock illustrator get the four really good advantages from the word go. Lets look at these advantages very quickly.
1. Start with simple illustrations: This means that you dont need to learn a lot at the start and learn only those which are most needed. When you start simple there is an opportunity to use more of your time in the creation process rather than pure learning different functions of tools like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
2. Start with the Aim to Sell: If you aim to become a digital artist through the most common way then you will spend some time building your portfolio first. During this time you will probably have to create really cool artworks because those will be the one which will get you your first customer. However, whatever you create during this time will not earn you any money as they are not created with any customer in mind. Instead of that if you start of as a microstock illustrator then you can create illustrations with an aim to sell from the word go. As a microstock illustrator you get a chance to search, understand the customer demand, analyse what might actually sell well and then choose the kind of artworks you want to create. So this will act as another motivator for you to create unique illustrations everyday.
3. Test what you create: Whatever you create can be tested for both for their quality and sell-ability straightaway. So rather than creating something random just to learn the tool and to master it, as a microstock illustrator, you are better utilising your time by creating artworks which are of quality and those which might earn you money.
4. Build a credible online portfolio: Say your biggest passion is to work as an illustrator to one of the biggest companies in the world in which case they want to see your portfolio before they hire you. Typically, you post your portfolio to your blog or some website. However, instead if you showcase your microstock portfolio then it is easily more credible for a number of reasons.
5. Start earning a passive income: Each illustration that you create is a sellable product or asset for you and what they earn will be passive in nature. This means that once you have a good sized portfolio, you will continue to earn income even if when you are on a month long holiday because your illustrations which are on sale will not be on a holiday.
There are other benefits of becoming a microstock illustrator as compared to any other business (check out the video below).
If convinced and keen to get started in the best way possible then the best place is my online video course. If you really keen to get started, you can avail our current ongoing promotion where we are giving away the course at a discounted price. Click here to make full use of this opportunity. You can refer your friends and get further discounts or even get the full course for free. How cool is that? (I know it’s not that cool, it is all part of my desire to reach & help more students but I am happy to take any path that works)